Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Flood

I am so sorry these last posts are going up today, but please bare with me . I am going to be posting the last 4 posts from Mexico over the next 24 hours. Enjoy.
----------------
I am going to take you back to June 11th… I know that is a long time ago , but hop into my time warp and enjoy the journey of going back in time. I do not know if I mentioned that my host mom, went off with friends with a overnight visit to Taxco , but she left Sol and I home along to fend for ourselves. It was an experience. I will have to look back and see if I wrote something about it… But anyhow Cecelia left on a Thursday and was going to come back on Friday June 11th , the next day. The day was normal , it was the start of the fair so I enjoyed walking around and looking at all there was too see. Little did I know that I was about the walk into a zoo. I went home around 7 after spending a little less then an hour out looking at the fair, and I came home to the smell of Poop filling through the house. It was the most disgusting thing ever. I walked into the living room and Cecelia is running around cursing in Spanish and then yelling at me not the go into my room because there was a flood. And boy was there a flood. My toilet blew up. And the water had gone everywhere. It made a lake in my room, and then started to come out into the living room and then also went back into the other bedroom. I was told not to go anywhere, but to sit on the couch. So luckily I had set my computer out in the living room earlier and then did stuff on my computer. I was only gone for an hour and somehow my house turned into a lake. Cecelia called Sol and had sol bring her friend over to help with the cleaning. Then we called a plumber to come and see what the problem was with my toilet and why it blew up. The plumber came and as far as I can tell looked at the toilet and said it is working fine and then demanded like 100 dollars or 1000 pesos. He did absolutely nothing and wanted all this money. This started a fight between the plumber and Cecelia and Sol. I do not know what came of it because fast rapid yelling Spanish is way above my level of understanding. But anyhow , back to the lake. So this lake was getting mopped up and then disinfected, I was sitting on the coach on my butt because noone would let me help. Cecelia was yelling her head off and was acting like a nut. I learned many new cuss words. Watch out people cuz you might be getting cussed at in Spanish. HAHAHA. Anyhow at about 9:30 , everything was cleaned up, and Cecelia went off to take a shower. I was let back into my room because apparently the water went all the way over by my suitcases and Cecelia wanted to make sure all my stuff was ok. GREAT!!!!! So I pulled my two suitcases out into the living room and proceeded to empty my suitcases to see what was ruined, wet, or was totally fine. This is no small task because I have a lot in these suitcases. My personal belongings were laid out all over the floor and put into piles . I had a nice large pile of wet materials that either had to be thrown out or taken to the laundry lady. A bunch of my books were wet, and it was a lovely experience. The only problem is that Cecelia only thought that I had two suitcases. NOPE. I also have a backpack! My backpack was awful. There were so many papers that had to be tossed out and stuff was soaking wet!!! YAY! Cecelia , at around 11 decided that she was tired so she went to bed, leaving me on the floor so lost in all my stuff and trying to figure out what to do with it all. I was so crazed and thought this was one big broma( joke ) and was kinda freaking out over all my stuff being wet that I called my mom at 11 at night to tell her the latest developments in the Flood saga. We had been communicating my skype all night when the flood saga started. I went to bed with a bunch of the stuff still on the floor in the living room, but knew the next day everything had to be moved into my room beause the crazy cleaning lady would be at our house. And when my stuff isn’t laying all over the floor and is somewhat organized she moves stuff and I cant find it for a week. So I woke up early on Saturday morning and proceeded to throw everything I own onto my bed , so that I could clean and sanitize my suitcases later that day before I put stuff away.

Later on Saturday I went out to the store and bought some Lysol and then spent a good 20 minutes covering my suitcases in Lysol to disinfect what ever got on them. I then put bug spray on them to repel the nasty red ants that are ALL over my house. After doing all that I left my backpack, and two suitcases lay in the heat for a little while before I brought them inside and started putting some of my stuff away. It took a good 2 weeks to get EVERYTHING off of the bed. I have so much stuff and decided that since I would be going home within 3 weeks I should just pack the suitcases as they were going to be come June 27. So the lesson on the day is to not leave your suitcases or backpack on the ground where water and who knows what else could get all over it because of a blown up toilet. As the jews say every Passover, next year in Jerlousalum , about something or another that I can not remember because I have not thought about anything jewish in a good 5 months…. My take on that is , next time in Mexico. We should all remember the great toilet blowup of June 2010 in Cuernavaca , Mexico and remember the golden rule about your belongings.

Peace . Love . Toilet Blowups.

No comments:

Post a Comment